It was my birthday recently, so naturally I was thinking of some fellow Virgos!
Billionaires and astrology…is there any correlation?
I remembered reading a Forbes article a few years ago with the following sentence:
“At 12%, [Virgo is] the most common astrological sign among billionaires.”
— Forbes.com (2006)
The article also mentions that Virgos are “happiest when they can produce things or services that are useful to others.”
While every Zodiac sign can found in the Forbes list, I thought it’d be interesting to compile some facts and quotes about the work ethic of the industrious Virgos on the list.
Here is a list of 6 Virgo Billionaires and their words of wisdom.
Warren Buffett is an American business magnate, investor and philanthropist. He is considered by some to be one of the most successful investors in the world.
Born: August 30, 1930 (age 86)
Quotes by Warren Buffett:
- “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”
- “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.”
- “Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1.”
2. Jorge Paulo Lemann
Jorge Paulo Lemann is a Swiss-Brazilian investor. He is ranked as the 19th richest person in the world by Forbes, with an estimated net worth of US$32.7 billion as of September 2016. He is the richest person in Brazil and Switzerland.
Born: August 26, 1939 (age 77)
Quotes by Jorge Paulo Lemann:
- Described as “classy” by Warren Buffett.
- “In day-to-day life, you have stimulus to behave unethically, but in the long term, it always pays off to be ethical.”
- “I always say, ‘To have a big dream requires the same effort as having a small dream. Dream big!'”
3. Jack Ma
Jack Ma is a Chinese business magnate who is the founder and executive chairman of Alibaba Group, a family of successful Internet-based businesses.
Born: September 10, 1964 (age 52), Hangzhou, China
Quotes by Jack Ma:
- “Always keep in mind these three principles: what you want to do, what you should do, and for how long you should do it.”
- “If you want to grow, find a good opportunity. Today, if you want to be a great company, think about what social problem you could solve.”
- “If you don’t give up, you still have a chance. And, when you are small, you have to be very focused and rely on your brain, not your strength.”
4. Dieter Schwarz
Dieter Schwarz is a German entrepreneur and owner of the Schwarz-Gruppe. He is the chairman and CEO of the supermarket chain Lidl and the hypermarket chain Kaufland.
Born: September 24, 1939 (age 76), Heilbronn, Germany
Facts about Dieter Schwarz:
- A decidedly private person who shuns all publicity.
- “. . .extremely serious about his personal privacy, Dieter Schwarz has only two photographs of him to ever exist.”
- A man “who has been respected for his brilliant decision making and ability to make crucial breakthroughs at the right time.”
5. Cheng Yu Tung
Cheng Yu Tung is a Hong Kong billionaire with extensive business dealings and real estate interests in both Hong Kong and Macau.
Born: 26 August 1925 (age 91)
Quotes by Cheng Yu Tung:
- “Go after your dreams and do everything it takes to accomplish your goals.”
- “There is never a right time to start your own business. If you have a vision and see a market for your specific product or service, go for it.”
6. Guy Laliberté
Guy Laliberté is a Canadian entrepreneur, poker player, space tourist, co-founder and the former CEO of Cirque du Soleil.
Born: September 2, 1959 (age 57), Quebec City, Canada
Quotes by Guy Laliberté:
- “We didn’t reinvent the circus. We repackaged it in a much more modern way.”
- “There are so many disciplines and themes that we still haven’t explored yet. It’s infinite what we can apply our creativity to.”
- “In life I’ve learned one thing; if you want to be good you have to connect with the best people.”